Today I completed my Sunny Dress (pattern by Friday Pattern Company) for the January month of the Sew My Style Instagram challenge. It was a quick and easy sew – I didn’t look at the instructions and just did my normal routine for sewing a t-shirt (one shoulder seam, add the neck band, other seam, each sleeve, then sew the side seams). I did hem the dress first because of some of the comments on the facebook group about the difficulty of sewing the curved hem once the side seams had been done. Apart from the bottom hem and the sleeve hems I sewed it all on my overlocker.
I do like this pattern but it does not suit me. Also, it is reminiscent of a nightie; this could be because of the fabric I used (a very drapey viscose) which would be better suited to a t-shirt rather than a dress; but it could also be because of the length – just below the knee. Maybe I’ll try this pattern again in a more structured fabric, such as a ponte, but it’s not a priority make.